Digital Communications Officer
The Household of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge supports the official and charitable work of The Duke and Duchess. This is an exciting opportunity to join the Communications Team.
This role will be part of a multi-disciplinary team working together to communicate the work of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. The successful candidate will be key in supporting the official social media channels (Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook) of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
- Working closely with the Digital Lead to drive effective and creative social media activity, in tandem with the media and events teams;
- Planning, creating and editing digital content of the highest quality, including capturing and editing imagery and video on location for social media usage;
- Developing compelling and creative ideas for content development and communicating to a range of different audiences;
- Supporting on multi-discipline communications plans for and the delivery of engagements, overseas tours and special projects;
- Working closely with The Royal Foundation, Patronages and other third party organisations to achieve shared communications objectives;
- Working with colleagues to analyse data and evaluate the impact of activity and learning from that evaluation process.
The Household believes that the diversity of modern society is its greatest asset. We reflect this in policies to attract, employ and reward the very best talent, regardless of gender, race, ethnic or national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age. Our recruitment process enables us to recruit from the widest available pool with an approach which is fair, open and accessible.
It's important to us that all employees are able to contribute to their maximum potential and that we can draw strength from our diversity. That's why we’re continuing work to make our organisation diverse and inclusive.
- Proven experience in content creation and social media marketing roles, including photography and videography;
- Proven ability to think creatively, coming up with new and innovative ways to communicate activity digitally, taking data and analytics into consideration;
- Excellent awareness of the social media landscape and understanding of social media engagement and analytics;
- Strong written communication skills;
- Good project management skills, attention to detail as well as strong organisational skills and the ability to work proactively, flexibly and to deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to handle sensitive information with tact and discretion at all times;
- Knowledge of the diversity of communities in the United Kingdom, in the Commonwealth and worldwide.
This vacancy is closed to applications.