Communications Officer (Fixed Term Contract), The Prince's Countryside Fund
Based in London - N1
The Prince’s Countryside Fund is looking to appoint a creative and proactive Communications Officer. Under the guidance of the Operations Manager, and as part of a small team based in London, the post-holder will be responsible for the day to day coordination of the Fund’s digital presence and will support the delivery of the communications strategy. This will include drafting content, liaising with media contacts, and managing the Fund’s communications databases.
Since its establishment by HRH The Prince of Wales in 2010, The Prince’s Countryside Fund has carved out a niche position as a national charity which aims to improve the prospects of family farm businesses. We are committed to promoting a confident, robust, and sustainable agricultural and rural community which is universally appreciated for its vital contribution to the British way of life and able to support future generations.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Day to day coordination of the Fund’s social media channels and mailing list, including keeping the charity’s website up to date
- Draft press releases, features, and comments according to the Communications Plan for publication on the website and distribution to media contacts
- Manage the database of case studies and the charity’s image library
- Assist with running of an effective press office and work with the Operations Manager to develop appropriate and timely responses
- Support the development and implementation of comms plans and metrics for all Fund campaigns and events and ensure their timely delivery and reporting
- Maintain the house style guide and ensure compliance across all communications; provide proofreading and copyediting support across the organisation
- Assist the Grants team on delivering and reporting on awareness of the Fund’s Rural Four grant giving programme
- Proactively engage with and develop contacts with key journalists and editors, and manage the contact database to ensure relevant content is circulated as appropriate
- Day to day liaison with the charity’s current ambassadors
- Work closely as part of The Prince’s Countryside Fund team and liaise with representatives from our corporate partners, beneficiaries and other stakeholders
- Assist with delivery on corporate partners’ communications plans in line with fundraising targets
- Liaise with the team including the Royal Household’s press office to assist with the smooth running and reporting of royal events
- Manage the collection and accurate recording of KPIs and ensure timely delivery of activity reports and updates to the Operations Manager, Board of Trustees and funders
This vacancy is closed to applications.