Fundraising Manager, The Prince's Countryside Fund
Based in London - N1
The Prince’s Countryside Fund is looking to appoint a creative and self-motivated Fundraising Manager. Under the guidance of the Director and a senior Fundraiser, the post-holder will be responsible for overseeing a small team to implement and develop the charity’s varied fundraising programme, ensuring that organisational fundraising targets are achieved. This will include maturing and expanding the Fund’s portfolio of 26+ corporate partnerships and securing funds from trusts, foundations and individuals, providing outstanding account management and stewardship.
Since its establishment by HRH The Prince of Wales in 2010, The Prince’s Countryside Fund has carved out a niche position as a national charity which aims to improve the prospects of family farm businesses and the quality of rural life. We are committed to promoting a confident, robust and sustainable agricultural and rural community which is universally appreciated for its vital contribution to the British way of life and fit to support future generations.
The Prince’s Countryside Fund has built strong relationships with organisations that value a thriving agricultural and rural sector. Reporting to the Director and working alongside a senior Fundraiser, the Fundraising Manager will be responsible for nurturing and expanding these relationships, as well as helping to identify new opportunities that can support the Fund.
Key elements of the role will be to:
- Oversee the Fund’s corporate partnerships programme and manage a portfolio of corporate accounts and day to day relationships with corporate partners.
- Oversee contract negotiation with corporate partners, supported by the Finance Director, ensuring compliance with established legislative, and regulatory requirements.
- Achieve income targets for each account including through events sponsorship.
- Generate new fundraising opportunities from corporates, trusts and individual donors, working with the Trustee Development Group, the Senior Fundraiser and Director.
- Create a renewal strategy for each corporate account towards the end of their funding term.
- Ensure that the brand and content guidelines are fully adhered to.
- Identify and notify the executive and PWCF of any potential risks and notify the Director and fundraising team where increased engagement at a senior level is required.
- Ensure a high level of stewardship for existing supporters, including visits at least twice per year as appropriate or required.
- Manage all communications and engagements with corporate partners working closely with the communications and operations teams, ensuring a collective and co-ordinated approach.
- Contribute to the development of the Fund’s wider fundraising strategy, working with the Head of Fundraising and Director.
- Liaise with non-commercial stakeholders as appropriate to form valuable partnerships.
This is an exciting, fast-paced and varied role, ideal for someone with a background in fundraising and corporate account management. The post-holder will have outstanding relationship management and commercial skills, be comfortable dealing with senior level executives and have a mature, professional and credible manner. An interest in the countryside, natural environment and rural issues is desirable, as is knowledge of marketing and communications.
This vacancy is closed to applications.