Project Officer - The Prince's Accounting for Sustainability Project (A4S)
A4S works across finance communities to drive change. Through the A4S Accounting Bodies Network (ABN), which has a collective membership of over 2.5 million professional accountants and students across 179 countries, we harness the combined influence and reach of accounting firms and professional bodies to engage accountants globally on sustainability. Business schools and academics also have a vital role to play in driving systemic change through both their research and teaching. We collaborate with leading business schools and academics from around the world to enhance sustainable business research. The role of the Project Officer – Accounting and Education will be to support us in delivering our strategy across these two communities, scaling up action and progress towards a sustainable economy.
- Coordinating the day-to-day running of the Accounting Bodies Network, including working groups and project based activities, as well as engagement and partnerships with the accounting sector as a whole.
- Project managing activities across the team focused on the reporting agenda.
- Managing the delivery of our strategy and engagement with the education and academic community.
- Project managing the A4S International Case Competition with support from its global project team and partners.
- Building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders to disseminate our work and message.
- Working across the A4S team to build alignment of activities with other networks, projects and stakeholders.
You will come into contact with a wide range of stakeholders in this role and you must be confident interacting at a very senior level and be at ease building professional working relationships.
The role will also provide a variety of opportunities to develop new skills within a dynamic team environment. These will include technical, operational, communication and project management skills.
You will have project and/or account management experience. You will be flexible and have the ability to work on your own initiative. You must also understand interdependencies and their associated risks and opportunities, and be able to respond effectively to change. You will demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Educated to degree level or equivalent work experience, you must have a proactive approach to your work and excellent attention to detail. You should be able to work autonomously and as part of a team, and be able to build strong relationships with a wide range of individuals, globally.
This is a unique opportunity to make a significant impact across the global finance and accounting community.
This vacancy is closed to applications.