Senior Communications Officer
The Household of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge supports the official and charitable work of The Duke and Duchess. This is an exciting opportunity to join the Communications Team.
This role will be part of a multi-disciplinary team working together to communicate the work of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. The successful candidate will lead on communications plans for Their Royal Highnesses' engagements and support on the delivery and communication of projects. The role will also involve responding to media enquiries on matters related to The Duke and Duchess and their family.
- Creating and delivering creative, integrated communications activity that connects the work of The Duke and Duchess with an external audience.
- Responding to media enquiries on matters relating to The Duke and Duchess and their family.
- Leading on multi-discipline communications plans for and the delivery of engagements, overseas tours and special projects.
- Working closely with The Royal Foundation, Patronages and other third party organisations to achieve shared communications objectives.
- Working with colleagues to evaluate the impact of activity and learning from that evaluation process.
- Line management of Communications Officers and Assistant Communications officers as required.
- Participating in the out of hours duty rota, handling enquiries from the media.
- Assisting as necessary with special media events relating to The Royal Family and to assist the work of other Households as required.
- Strong written communication skills across a variety of mediums – from press releases to social media content.
- Ability to think creatively, coming up with new and innovative ways to communicate activity.
- Good awareness of the media landscape and experience of news handling.
- Good project management skills, attention to detail as well as strong organisational skills and the ability to work proactively and flexibly.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with tact and discretion at all times.
This vacancy is closed to applications.